“Work” as a concept is a fairly modern development. Do you know these facts about work?
Bizarre Facts About the Workplace
- Leonardo Da Vinci has been credited with writing the first resume
- According to this article by Fast Company, Fridays are the least common sick day
- And Monday is the most common sick day
- Tuesday is considered the most productive day for those who work Monday through Friday
- In Japan, the word “karoshi” is the name for dying from overworking
- According to the Stanford study, working more than 40 hours has diminishing returns
- When doing repetitive work, music can make people more productive. When people are doing cognitive tasks, however, the music slows them down.
- If you work 40 hours a week, you’re likely to work 90,000 hours in your lifetime
We have some tips on how to schedule reading your email, stop multitasking, and even temporarily block a website at our article here: 17 Productivity Hacks So You Get More Done Faster
Interested in our other related articles?
5 Ways to Improve Your Mental Health in the Workplace
5 Tips About Returning to the Workforce
7 Tips for Job Searching When You’re Working
NESC Staffing hires throughout the United States and has won several awards, including being named Forbes’ Best Temporary Staffing Firm. If you’re interested in working with us, please feel free to reach out at any time Contact Us. Our nationwide recruiting team is located at our New Hampshire office.
One thought on “8 Bizarre Facts About the Workplace”
Comments are closed.